Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Titanic in My Tummy

So, being on a "full liquid" diet is something else. Today, I've eaten:

- Protein Shake for breakfast (3/4 c. unsweetened soy milk w/a protein mix)
- 1/3 c. broth and a cup of mint tea for lunch
- 1 pudding cup for a snack (I was starving! pudding feels like you actually ate food!)
- As much water as I can tolerate
- I plan on a soy mocha as my other big "meal" later in the day

Each time I eat, however, it's quite a little digestive festival in my tummy. It seems to take a good 20 minutes for things to 'calm down' ... After "breakfast," I had Michelle get her stethoscope to listen, since it sure felt like it would sound interesting. Indeed, she said it sounded like "the Titanic in the movie, just before it snapped in half...creeking, moaning..." Hm. So there you have it.

No comments: