Friday, September 09, 2005

Sooner than Later...

Yesterday I got a call from my surgeon's office that they moved my surgery up to the first slot of the day at 7:30 a.m. - while originally this is the slot I wanted, I was kind of shocked by the change! I've had 9 a.m. in my mind all along...but, despite having to be at the hospital by 5:30 a.m. (leaving our house by 5:00! yikes!), I have come up with a list of good things to focus on regarding this change:

1) No traffic
2) The hospital is slower in the early morning, so I'll get more attention and care
3) My favorite - the only surgery that is 100% sure to happen on time is the first one of the day! So, I won't have to be anxious waiting like I would have been if my 9 a.m. slot started to run late.
4) It'll be over with sooner :)
5) I'll be in a sleepy stupor, coupled with the anesthetic, I may not remember a single thing!

It'll be time before I know it. Am I freaking out? Maybe.

No comments: