Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Resistance is Futile...

So I felt my port under my skin for the first time last night - I feel like a Borg from Star Trek TNG...it's strange to have a little unit inside you. It basically just feels like a little lump, no big deal. I've dubbed my band the Borg. I knew a name would come to me...

All else is going well. I realize that even on pureed/mushie food I cannot drink when I eat, so today was the full stop on that. (I was getting too full, and feeling too much air in my belly from it). I got in 825 calories today, which is pretty good.

I feel good and had more energy at work today - didn't feel exhausted and brainsqueezed like yesterday. That said, I slept from 9:30 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. last night without waking up once. Oh, another exciting event: I slept on my tummy!!!! That's probably WHY I slept so well.

I'm becoming quite the pureed food chef. Tonight I made Indian food - mutter/aloo paneer...that is, peas, cauliflower and paneer cheese in a Korma sauce. Michelle at hers normally, I took a scoop or two and put it in the food processor. I was tentative, but it was really good actually! One pisser of not drinking liquids is the definite need to pull back on high flavor foods and super spicy foods - though not being able to drink anything makes it easier to eat less, since it's so intense.

It's all starting to settle in...almost feeling normal! Onward...

p.s. I measured my largest incision and it is *exactly* 1" - yay! I'm so glad they're small and subtle.

No comments: