Sunday, September 25, 2005

Huh...

I went to the gym *again* today - that's 3 days straight! It's amazing how much easier it is to get there when you get results. Speaking of - I weighed in today. I've decided Sundays will be my day to weigh - for a few reasons:

1) Keeps me on track over the weekend
2) Gets me to the gym on the weekend (I don't own a scale, must go to gym to weigh-in :)


So, the grand total is 18.5 down over the past 4 weeks! Nine prior to surgery, and 9.5 since. I know it will slow down! I know it. (Average is 1-2 pounds/week, though 4.6/week has been fun...) But for now, I'll continue to enjoy what feels like a nice initial payoff for dropping the wad $ and going through the surgery. I am not getting obsessed with the SVs (that is, "scale victories" a bit of lingo from the Weight Loss Surgery online community :) - there are also NSVs, "non-scale-victory" like fitting into you skinny jeans, for example) - but it is nice that there's a way to have a measurable result.

I weigh the least I have in about 4 years right now - a little less than I did at my wedding in 2001. Just like that. Huh.

No comments: