Monday, September 12, 2005

Do Not Eat the Pretzel Nugget

I'm just about off to the hospital....waiting for Michelle to finish getting ready.

So far, so good. I slept well, from about 10:30 - 3:30 without waking up, and the alarm was set for 4:15. However, I woke up at 3:30 to the horror that I'd eaten a single pretzel nugget and they cancelled my surgery. I argued that I'd spit most of it out, but they still sent me packing. It was horrible! Fortunately, I woke up utterly starved, so it was clear that no pretzel nugget had violated my digestive tract. Phew! Of all things though, a pretzel nugget...where do our dreams come from?

Otherwise, I'm about ready. Toothbrush, check. Deodorant, check. Clean underwear, check. iPod charged & synched, check. What else does a girl need?

I'm happy and relieved the day is finally here! Thanks for all of the well-wishes (I don't think my phone has rang so much as it did last night in years! ;) See you on what all of the "bandsters" on my message board call "the losing side" (ug!).

p.s. Perhaps a good omen is that I'm have a fantastic hair day! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Figures... you have a fabulous hair day when only surgeons are going to see you and not the real world. Perfect. :)