Friday, September 02, 2005

Meat Fest 2005

We are away for a getaway to Whidbey Island for the weekend. Currently being carb-phobic, I found a little cottage with a full kitchen and gas grill and we brought food for almost every meal so as not to have to endure the temptations (and uncertainty) of restaurant food too many times. Well, the amount of meat we bought for the weekend stunned me! (See photo…all those brown packages? MEAT.) When I unpacked the cooler, there were pork chops, steak, bacon, turkey burger, turkey kielbasa, breakfast ham, tuna, salmon, and chicken! Not to mention plenty of eggs and cheese.

Ok, so my brain is struggling to reverse its belief system. My whole life, since about age 5, I’ve been working to figure out how to eat the most food for the lowest calories/fat. Knowing with the band, and my limited stomach size, I’ll have to think about it in the opposite way: How do I get the most nutrients and calories in small amounts of food? I have to start thinking like someone with no appetite, like a little old lady…Of course, this won’t be a problem until I have good restriction, which will take some time…

No comments: