Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Worth Posting Twice Today...




Because the scale showed that I finally hit my milestone goal - I have lost a total of 40 pounds as of today! It was a moment, to say the least - I just kind of stood there at the gym and starred at it for a minute or two. I don't know why, but as I've said here, the 40-pound mark somehow feels so much more real than '30-something' weigh-ins. Perhaps it's that the mid-point (for me, 50 pounds) is in sight? Or that I've accomplished 40% of my goal? I'm not sure. But somehow - it feels big!!! Unlike my body, which is feeling smaller and smaller. RahoooOOO!!!!!!

Now, the funny thing is back in August I was fantasizing about my impending weight loss and thought to myself, "wouldn't it be something if I could lob off 50 pounds by new years?!?!" - followed up with a very definitive, "NFW girl. That is TOO big a goal..." - my question now is, is it really? Could it be done - 10 more pounds in 4.5 weeks? Lofty, yes, but I'm all for a stretch goal - so we'll see where I fall out - but I'm gunning for 50 by 2006. But not to worry - I'll be happy as long as it keeps going in the downward direction.

4 comments:

Serena said...

Way to go!!! I am so happy for you.

I don't know if you have tried to leave me a comment back but, silly me, I had my blog on comments only from members of my blog. Duh! Well that's fixed now.

Jenn said...

Congrats, Jenn, on reaching your milestone!! May it only continue!

Jenn

Sandi Hooper said...

you go, girl! Awesome.

Kaye Bailey said...

Congratulations!!! And if you play by the rules you can surely make the 50 lbs. by new years!!! Keep up the fabulous work!