Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Traveling for Work...

So, I had a little panic about eating while traveling to Portland (pdx) for work - especially being only a week out from a fill. After my chicken incident Friday, I've been a little food-shy, and my reaction to that has not been good - "soft food syndrome" - that is, eating soft food, which goes down like a charm and you end up eating more/too many calories. So, I thought the trip here would be an opportunity to get off the soft food thing, since most restaurants don't have loads of soft foods on the menu :)

For lunch, I had maybe 2-3 oz. of teriyaki beef tenderloin tips, and about 1/2 c. pea salad. I chewed like a mf and all went down well. Bonus: Though I was starving, I didn't touch that damn free bread on the table and waited for my food to come! I'm going to dinner at a place that serves lots of 'small plates' - how convenient (and I've been trying to get here for the better part of a year): www.parkkitchen.com - very exciting!

Further, I give myself 5 gold stars: I (cheerfully) got up at 5 a.m. to get to the gym before heading out to pdx at 7 a.m. And I forgot my iPod nano...so I expected a shit workout, but it was just fine - time flew, I did 40 hearty minutes and enjoyed it.

Um, yeah, I think I am very much a different person than I was a few months ago...so strange.

No comments: