Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Life goes on...

I was really excited to go out to dinner in pdx last night - I finally hit Park Kitchen, where I've been trying to go for about a year! My friend Kelly & I ordered the "Chef's Dinner" where basically you pay a flat fee and they feed you. Period. Server warns, "It's a lot of food..." and then all sorts of fun stuff showed up - razor clams, wild mushroom fritters, gnocchi in walnut cream sauce, duck crepes, sable fish, duck, dessert!

The good news was that I paced myself nicely over the 2-hour meal, was able to try everything and didn't end up too stuffed at all! Fortunately, my dinner companion is able to chow down, and he graciously ate everything I didn't (much to his delight).

It's nice to know my life isn't over because of the band - I can still be a foodie, just in more of a 'tasting menu' way rather than a 'hoover vacuum' way.

1 comment:

Holly said...

i'm looking forward to thanksgiving and christmas for a similar reason. i don't gorge myself but i love to get yummy bites of this and that. for the same reason i still enjoy buffets. i get a bunch of different things, but just a bite!