Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Socks & Accessories...

One experience that I can't wait to never have again is the dreaded 'shopping with skinny/normal-sized friend'... that is, being left to look at socks & accessories in stores that don't carry my size. I had a friend recently who didn't realize I couldn't go into, say, The Gap, and buy clothes. Well, I can't. So, when I'm shopping with a friend, and we go there, I look at the hats, scarves, gadgets...it's no fun.

Though I'm not there yet, I'm getting closer! Last night I tried on a fantastic dress at the shop where my sister is getting her wedding dress. It was this fabulous "little" red number and I was shocked that it fit - granted, it was a 1X; but still, a few months ago I'd have been lucky to squeeze into a 3X. More than anything, it was just exciting that they had something I could fit into at all (and look that good)! So, here's to the day when I no longer have to look at the non-clothes items while shopping! I'll let you know when it happens, not to worry :)

No comments: