Monday, November 28, 2005

Kicking in, that Fill it is!

Lately I've not really been very excited to eat. I'm bummed out, anxious, distracted, busy...sad...you know, all of the appropriate post-break-up emotions. And, lucky for me, these are not the times I turn to food for comfort. Anyhow, I realized I really need to start eating meals again and all that crap - so yesterday I did. PB. Today, lunch...PB. They say two weeks after a fill it 'kicks in' - well, it's kickin' all right. This is partially user error - no doubt - but it does feel like something has changed. So, I'll be slowing down considerably, chewing like a m.f. and hoping for the best going forward.

The good news is I've mastered the PB - yep, figured it out! I can now get the deed done in mere minutes rather than disappearing to the bathroom for 20 - and it's not as traumatic as it was at first. I didn't even break into a sweat today! Not that these things are good, but oddly enough, the PB does require a modicum of technique, which I've finally gotten down. Amen. The downside is that I likely look like a bulimic, (which I never was, btw) and feel like I want to clarify to others in the restroom why my feet are turned the wrong direction. Though, I don't say a word, and just figure it doesn't matter if people judge me. But still, it's annoying to get weird (re: judgmental) looks from strangers....

p.s. To lapbanders: while this is an insane offer, if you want my 'tips & tricks of the PB' shoot me a comment or email and I'll be happy to oblige. To be honest, some of them would've made it not-so-awful for me in the beginning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding me to your links! And yes, I would like your PB techniques. :) I still cannot eat chicken or turkey without one no matter how much I chew chew chew...AND hopefully my first fill is on Thursday. Keep yoru fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

I know that this is like 2 years later than you wrote this, but yes, I would like your tips for PB - I am one week post op and haven't had to endure yet but am sure I will at some point so thought I'd ask... your blog is helping me soooo much! Thank you!

Cenovis said...

Not sure how many years later this is now... but I would reaaaaally like your PB tips as well. I'm due to go for surgery in 3 weeks, so I'm a little nervous and want to be prepared.

On a side note, you have the best band blog I've come across yet. So much information and it stays on track. :)

Could you reply back as a comment or email me at you_r_the_chosen_1@hotmail.com if you dont want them as a comment... ? :)

Anonymous said...

I know that I'm writing light years after your post, but is there any way you could post your PB tips? I'm having surgery on Feb 1 and wasn't afraid until I read what you wrote about the PB thing. So now it's your moral responsibility to talk ne down!