Friday, November 25, 2005

That was easy.

Getting through the 'big meal' was basically as easy as I thought it would be. Here's how it went for me...

- snacked on some cheese, crackers & hummus before dinner
- used a small side plate for the main meal
- here's what i ate:
1/8 c. each of squash, cranberry sauce, gravy
1/4 c. each of candied yams, mashed potatoes, stuffing
1-2 oz. turkey
2 bites each of three different pies (which nearly put me over the top, but didn't)

I had no stuckage issues, as most of what I ate was pretty mushy, except for the turkey, but the gravy and cranberry sauce made it go right down. I was happy to be a lap-bander vs. a bypass person though, I have to admit - getting to have bites of everything - esp. "real" dessert - was really nice. Not a moment of feeling ripped off or deprived in the least - so, all is well post-turkey-day. It was, in the end, mostly as expected, no big deal.

Yesterday I went for a 1-hour walk, as I did the day before. I've noticed after these walks my hamstrings ached as if they'd never been used before; indicating to me that they aren't getting properly worked at the gym. That aside, hearty fitness walks are a nice change from the gym - and we've had these sunny, blue sky moments that (imho) should be taken advantage of in Seattle in November :) So, I'll likey head to the gym today (sounds rainy) - but all is on track, I'm feeling pretty good and starting to notice my new clothes are getting a bit roomy already.

In the midst of the rest of my life at the moment, I'm truly grateful to have a positive place to focus my energies, er, escape to...

1 comment:

Sandi Hooper said...

Thanks for the link. I linked you to mine too! Great blog!