Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving in WLS/Break-up Land

I think it's needless to say that the idea of Thanksgiving dinner to anyone who has had weight loss surgery is a bit horrifying. All that food. Even just sampling everything on the table could be dangerous.

I think for me it's more the notion than reality. I figure, we'll be hanging out for several hours. I'll start with the things I really, really want - and figure I can have a round of seconds if I want later on in the evening. It'll be fine. If I do 'overeat,' well, that's user error, and it may happen - but it's my goal that it doesn't, and honestly, it's the least of my worries.

Having had a particularly rough week living in break-up land, I haven't had much of an appetite - which, I suppose in my case, is a positive side-effect. After my last break-up, I asked a good friend, "when did you want to eat again?" He responded with, "girl, this is your body trying to get you skinny and hot so someone will want to date you...ride that wave for as long as you can." So, here's to the lap-band-supported break-up diet ;) It's one thing that is working out for me at the moment, so I'll go with it.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and good luck to all of my WLS buddies - it's just one meal - even in the worst case, the damage it could do is minimal. Keep perspective :)

2 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

I've been following your blog for a few weeks now, and just want to thank you for how honest and open you are. The stuff you say helps me in my journey. Best wishes...

Jenn said...

thanks for your kind words sandi! it's nice to know the blog is useful (that's one of my main purposes in having it). congrats on being on the other side of surgery - i hope things go quickly for you! i added your link under my bypass links, so i'll keep an eye on how things are going too :)
jenn