Monday, December 12, 2005

Three Months Today!

Well, it seems like it was an eon ago, but it's been three months as of today since I went under the 'ole knife. I've lost a total of 42 pounds! I couldn't be happier...well, if I was at 50 maybe :)

But seriously, I'm really in no rush, oddly enough. I'm enjoying the journey, and realizing that having your body change this much takes time - both physically and emotionally. It's a strange thing to keep up with in your mind, and difficult to articulate. But, I will say there are just times it feels funny, odd, and disconnected being in this body - even though I like it a lot...

Since last month, I've dropped 8 pounds - and to be honest, I can't tell a striking difference in the photos, but there are some nuances if you study them long enough (which I did). Once again, the head-chopped-off photos do the most justice, so here's one. You can see the full lot of front/back/side monthly photos on my other blog here. And, at this point, I am frightened by just how big I was in the beginning - holy crap - it's all relative, but man, when I compare then and now...well, it's just a little shocking.

4 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

Jenn, I had to go to the other blog and enlarge your photos (I'm obsessed with people's before and after shots). You're doing really well--the changes are amazing.

In one photos (a side shot I think), there is a calico kitty showing. I have the same cat! She looks very similar to the one in the photo. It made me laugh aloud.

Thanks for sharing your journey in word and photo.

Anonymous said...

Your posture is much more confident in the 3 month post-op than with the day before surgery photos. Way to go, Hennifero.

Serena said...

You have a wonderful attitude about your rate of weight loss. I hope I can be just like you as I lose weight. Of course right now I am only 4 days into being banded and have no idea what the future holds. I still am so very grateful for you and your blog always giving me an idea what to expect. Hope it's ok if I give you a cyberhug. HUG, serena

Anonymous said...

Wow Jenn, I totally see a difference. Even with the 2nd or 3rd months (boobs are higher and smaller, hips are thinner), but your atttitude shows through the most. Congrats!

Juliet