Monday, December 26, 2005

Calorie generosity

So I've been pretty darn generous with myself over the holidays - eating pretty much whatever I want, and making that possible by balancing out the calories throughout the day. Yes, that means skipping some meals...I know, I know - but it's two weeks people! And my eggnog lattes, soon to be seasonal-history, count as meal replacements. Not exactly healthy ones, but hey.

So today I was having one of my usual/easy meals - dropped eggs on toast - two poached eggs on top of two slices of light toasted bread (80 cals for both) - it's a 300 calorie meal. I thought, "I'll forego the usual butter...save the calories." Great. Well, someone called and I stopped paying attention to my eating. Without the butter to moisten it up, coupled with my eating too fast...it worked out to one egg, one toast...one big fat PB. User error, 100%. By far the WORST part of having a lap-band. It's been several weeks since the last one, so I can't complain really...but geez. Bummer. And after, I'm always terrified to eat again (as she sips her 'lunch'...)...

5 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

I had my first one of those types of episodes Xmas day. I hadn't been eating in front of people, just really focusing on chewing, etc. (sort of anti-social eating behavior), and I got a couple of bites that were too big, didn't chew enough (too busy talking) Within 45 minutes I knew it wasn't going to go down. I was really scared to ralph--scared of what it would do to the inside of me. I can really relate to your being afraid to eat solids again though, after that kind of a deal, you just want stuff you KNOW will work.

Serena said...

I had my first PB a couple of days ago. I had no idea it would be so painful. Yikes!

It is difficult to always eat conciously.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn,

I need you to give me a swift kick in the hind end! I have been eating like Petunia Pig for the last 4 days! I obviously don't have any restriction after my last fill of 1 cc. AND I have to weigh in for my 3 month appointment tomorrow...I swear I am only drinking water today and up until 3:30 p.m. tomorrow! (OK, not really but I wonder if it would work to take a few pounds off...)

Wishing you a very happy, healthy New Year! (and hoping you had a great holiday!)

Jill

P.S. For some reason my site doesn't work from your links on your front page. :)

Jenn said...

Jill,
I sent you a kick-in-the-butt email! Hope it helps - the gist of it was this:
- we all have days and weeks where we struggle (sometimes due to our cycles, sometimes stress, and often for no reason)
- i do a day or two of liquids to snap myself back into shape sometimes - it totally helps!
- you aren't restricted, so it's easy to overeat. get a fill tomorrow - once you're restricted, you won't have a choice any longer (yay!)
You'll be ok. It happens to all of us, I promise. :)
~jenn

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
Your email is just one of the many reasons why I like you so much (even though I don't really know you! :))

Emailin' ya back! And yes, it WAS kick butt!

:) Jill