Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Baked Horror

Today a co-worker was eating a sub - a big fat one with crusty bread. In the past, I'd'a put that whole 12" thing away! To look at even 1/2 of it now is terrifying to me! Baked horror, that's what big crusty hunks of bread mean to me now. That thing would've put me in the ER. I can eat bread - thinly sliced, crusty or better yet, crunchy, with butter or oil to help it along. Oh, and one piece, not 12.

On another note, I had a fantastic meal last night at Portland's ClarkLewis restaurant - but also had the *worst* PB ever. Turns out homemade pasta - and it's gooey, glutenous, soft consistency - is not the lap-band's friend. And I only had literally a couple bites... Lesson learned - no three strikes rule for this one - it is OUT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn -

Sorry to hear about the pasta. Pasta makes me NERVOUS - but I have luck with small amounts of WHOLE GRAIN pasta. Keep up the good work and if you are losing - bag the fill on Friday!

Later,
Alex - yep, a guy on your blog - ewwww kooties : )

Jenn said...

Alex,
I am thrilled to have a 'guy' on my blog! Esp. since it's you!!! Yeah, there is *no way* I'm letting Dr. Billing put a damn thing in my band. It is full enough - I've been having a PB festival lately! Still gonna go see him/weigh in - but geez....
Talk to you soon!
~Jenn

Kaye Bailey said...

Hi Jenn -

You know, to this day it still mortifies me at what I used to be able to eat - and still feel hungry. Like you, I could put away a 12" sub. These days, I enjoy the meat & tomatoes and leave the bread alone. Keep up the good work!

Kaye