Saturday, December 31, 2005

Big Fat Post

Well folks, it's that day of the year where we all think about what was and what will be. So, here is a big fat post covering everything I can think of...

First: The end of year weigh-in/update

Ok, for some reason I've never actually posted my weight - why, I don't know. I suppose I fear judgment by the skinny/normal-sized people who would jump off the Aurora bridge if they weighed what I weigh today - though I LOVE what I weigh today! It's all relative, and I'm smart enough to know this, but still - it's hard to negotiate it. So, here are my honest-to-god stats:




Start Weight: 258
Weight Today: 211 (that's down a total of 47 pounds!)

Pants Size B4: Size 24 Size Today: Size 16

















Top Size B4: Size 22/24, 3X
Today: Size 14/16, 1X

So, how's that for a look back? 47 pounds lost, and down 5 sizes. Ra-f*cking-hoo!!!!!!!

Second: The Goal-Setting

Small goals and big goals, that's what I've got for y'all. Are you ready? Feel free to hold me accountable!

Daily Goals:
- Take thyroid meds every day (I'm HORRIBLE at this!)
- Drink the g'damn water (also been slack-ass sally here)
- Call the trainer *this week* and integrate lifting weights into daily workouts ASAP
- And for the love of God, keep doing what's working:
  • Plan to go to the gym *every single day* making it ok to miss it now and again; and push it, don't get complacent - keep increasing goals monthly!
  • Keep caloric intake to around 1000-1200 daily.
  • Take in occasional, minimal sugar only as a treat - never daily or regularly, and never, ever, ever as a reward. Oh, and limit the liquid calories overall - save up for the things you really want (i.e., martinis, wine, soy mochas...)
  • Stay sane and reasonable about the whole thing! Integrate it into real life in a real way, so it is sustainable forever.
  • And, keep being proud of yourself, Jennifer.
Bigger Goals:
- Lose 26 pounds before trip to Europe on April 1st (weight goal: 185)
- Meet goal weight by August 15th - another 30 pounds between April 1 - August 15 (weight goal: 155 - this is my end goal weight!)
- Do the Danskin Triathlon August 19-20!!!! (Addendum: Train like a m'f for this all summer)
- Find good plastic surgeon for required plastic surgery by September 1st; nip/tuck (in a big way) by November 1st.

Other Goals:
- Start writing and mean it; be vigilant and take it seriously. To that end, read more.
- Keep spending time alone and or just quiet time doing only and exactly what you want to do.
- Plan sabbatical trip for early 2007 (Australia and New Zealand?)
- Date. Consistently, no matter how hard it is to get out there. Keep at it until something really good comes along - that is to say, no settling.
- Evaluate career; figure out what's next and set a timeline.

How's that look? And, what about you??

8 comments:

Jessica6903 said...

Wow. Great post. Makes me think I should set some of my own goals! My biggest goal for 2006 is to get the lap-band -- even if insurance won't pay. Hmmm... maybe I'll refinance the house if I have to! I enjoy reading your blog. Gives me hope and inspiration... May you have a healthy and prosperous 2006.

Jenn said...

All right, you've thoroughly impressed me ... and showed me up! I hadn't planned on doing any such goals/resolutions; although, I certainly should. It might not be today, but I'm going to do it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenn said...

Oh, btw, I _love_ the pic of your jeans together. It really, really puts it into perspective how much you've lost!!!

Serena said...

I wish you great success reaching all of your goals in the new year.

Marla said...

Awsome post. Way to keep a level head and keep everything in perspective. Keep up the good work!!!

Sandi Hooper said...

I love this post. So much accomplished, so much to look forward to. The world is your oyster.

Kaye Bailey said...

Happy New Year & Happy New You!

Keep up the great work!

Kaye

Jessica6903 said...

Jenn,
I'm working on creating my very own blog and want to know if it's okay to add a link to your site? If not, I understand.

Jessica