Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Moving Again

You know, this whole thing - the lap band - just fascinates me at times. I've lost another two pounds as of this morning's weigh in, bringing me to a total loss of 44 pounds which is just shocking to me, since I've had a cookie or two (or four...) at work due to holiday festivites, and I'm addicted to eggnog/eggnog lattes (ok, I've had a total of 4 - 1/2 c. servings of eggnog in the past week...but still! it feels over-the-top since they're 170 calories each! good grief!).

Somehow I just expect I'd be blowing up...but I've worked out for the past 4 days, am getting my water in and well, I guess it's just working. In order to lose 50 by New Year's I'd have to sew my jaw shut or do full liquids (eggnog?? ;) so I don't expect that will be happening. I think I'll revise my goal to just not have a goal for the moment - I'm excited to get to 50 pounds soon, and it will be soon! And 60 will be especially noteworthly as that will get me to an actual number on the scale that is exciting to me. So, onward!

p.s. Hope everyone (esp. my WLS pals) are doing ok with the holiday onslaught of sugar and stuff! Ug! It's a lap-banders blessing to be able to indulge in sugar now and again, but it's also a curse that we still can choose to!

3 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

Jenn,
I'm always inspired to hear your "real life adventures" around food. It's such a central part of how we relate to the world we live in, and I like how you are learning to relate to it all. I never get tired of reading your blog.

Jenn said...

Sandi,
You are too kind :) I appreciate that my ramblings mean something to someone other than me!! Thanks for the observations and comments!
~jenn

RisibleGirl said...

We are neck in neck girl! I'm 43 lbs down. Isn't it amazing when you expect to have gained (because that's what we've ALWAYS done) and then find that you lose?

Way cool!

Lori
http://www.mostlyrisible.com/index.php/wls/index/