Saturday, August 27, 2005

Now I know how Eve felt....

We all want what we can't have...I mean, really, we can all distract ourselves, think about rainbows and sunshine, pray, etc. but at the end of the day, if someone says you can't have it, you'll want it a little bit more.

Well, that's me and carbs beginning Monday, up until my surgery date on 9/12. It's so strange - as I was planning my meals for the week, I had a blind spot the size of Canada! I could not think of a thing to eat that wasn't "unapproved" - which is ridicilous, really! So, I'm going to take the repeat approach so as to avoid any risk of failure (i.e., eating more than 40 carbs) and eat:

Breakfast: 1/2 c. cottage cheese + 1/2 cup strawberries (10 carbs)
Lunch: Tuna salad, 1 c. spinach, 1 oz. cheese + some soynuts (5 carbs)
Dinner: Some meat, 1 green veggie, 1 good'ole fashioned carb (20 carbs)

It's only two weeks for the love of pete, and God knows I've starved myself silly at times in my life eating much less than what is listed above! In the larger scheme of things, this is really not that hard. However, since the band is a huge, permanent change it's obviously a bigger thing that 2 weeks without carbs - it's the start of knowing that I'll never be able to just sit down and eat whatever again...I'll have to be thoughtful from now on. But really now, that is the whole point, isn't it?

No comments: