Monday, January 23, 2006

Sometimes, I just don't want to know...

I think sometimes I honestly avoid the scale because I just don't want to know. I can clearly tell and feel when I'm losing weight - and when I'm not. Not like I'm going to blow up over night, but it's been a little challenging lately (emotionally) as lots has been going on for me and I'll admit, I've been eating out and um, drinking out just a bit. I'm sure all is not lost - it's just awesome when you can feel the weight falling off of you and cheerfully jump on the scale without hesitation.

In other news, I had the most wicked PB ever last night. Sweet mary, I thought I was going to die - and I have to say, it was, as usual, 100% user error. I ate about 1/2 cup of pasta lubed up with a little butter...and as evidenced by what I saw later, I didn't chew very well. This was, however, the first time a PB grossed me out to the point where I got nauseated and actually vomited (though nothing came up). Of course as I'm dry-heaving I'm panicking totally that my lap-band will dislodge or slip and I'm trying to do all vomit-avoidance techniques I employed when I drank too much back in college (count from 100 backwards, have a piece of hard candy, 'choose' not to vomit - just say no, etc.)...nothing worked. But, the whole gruesome ordeal did end eventually, but man it sucked. And it's so lame when it was all my fault. For shame.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

User error happens. This teaches young grasshopper lesson of "Tis better to chew thy pasta than PB it."

Anonymous said...

Jenn - I hear you. I got my first fill last Tuesday and I am still being very careful. My first solids were some scrambled eggs on Saturday and they came up on me. I am going to try chicken tonight - we will see. Hope you are well.

Alex

Sandi Hooper said...

I had a bad episode last week too. It sobered me right up, I'll tell you. Somehow, my early fits were no big deal, and I'd gotten it in my head that, "this barfing thing is no big deal." Well, this last time convinced me that I do want to avoid this if possible. So I'm kind of glad it happened, if just to keep me on the straight and narrow...