Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Good Work People!

I just wanted to say good work on the prior post people! Indeed, my two key points were (1) I fit in the seat in the first place and (2) the copious amount of slack on the belt! Luckily, I've never needed a seatbelt extension - however, I've practically stood up in the seat and hooked the belt down around my legs and then stuffed myself into it in order to avoid the extension...

Last weekend I hung out in Santa Cruz & San Francisco and had a great time! I caught my relfection a couple times in store windows and hardly recognized myself. It's funny how just changing the environment around you allows you to see yourself differently - likely why people make many sweeping changes in their lives all at once.

Eating is going a bit better, though I'm being a little nuts about it all...I'm still monitoring things and figure I'll address the whole thing with my surgeon at my next regular appointment (mid-feb.). The issue is this basically: before, I could eat about anything, though in limited quantities, but I could still eat in a way that felt, well, normal. Now, I'm forced to eat ridiculously slow (like, 45 minutes to eat 4 oz. of fish and 1/2 cup of brussel sprouts) or I feel stuck after 5 bites of runny oatmeal in the a.m. I'll admit, this is hard and is kind of sucking - though, until I hit the goal weight, I'm willing to endure what it takes. I'm just hoping to have things level out soon.

No new weight loss to report, but I had a quick drop just then, so no worries on that. Hope everyone is well! Thanks & welcome to all the new folks who are reading :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I'm with you on the time it takes to eat stuff and teh amount of restriction. It does suck at times, especially when eating with other people (do you see a theme in my concerns? tee hee)

Thanks for responding to my question. I'm sure life would be easier if I'd be honest that I had the surgery; you're right about that.

I'm just not quite ready to deal with the 'attitudes'. :)

Anonymous said...

Jen thanks for your great post.You are so real i'm a new bandster banded on january 23.Thanks for the encouragement

Anonymous said...

Jenn, it is so weird to hear the words "make sure you eat enough". I almost lost my breath the first time I heard my surgeon say that. You are doing great kiddo. Keep up the awesome work, and "Make sure you eat enough" hehe.... Stop by our daily chats sometime. You have such a cool spirit about you that I would love for some of our newbies to hear from you.

Blessings,

Craig T