Thursday, October 27, 2005

Fill #2 is on the books!

Well, I've been enjoying knowing that I can eat anything right now - still in limited quantities - but that I don't choke if I eat bread or rice or whatever. I had sushi for lunch, for example. No problems!

But, this enjoyment doesn't exactly line up with my goals, now does it?!?! I want to be one of the lucky ones - the ones who can eat anything they ate before, but only 1/4 to 1/3 of what they ate before. I don't want to have a list of things I spit up if I even attempt them! Please no.

BUT, I do want to lose my weight - and right now, I'm probably eating more like 1/2 of what I did before - sooooo, I finally stopped procrastinating and made a fill appointment for November 9th. While I want to get cookin' again soon (though, I'm not really that far off!), I also am terrified of "errosion" (where the band basically grows into your stomach tissue - think dog's who have collars that are too tight and grow into their skin...) - this happens when your band is tightened up too quickly. So, I'm figuring on having two more weeks to let the first fill settle in.

Typically, it takes 3-5 to get good restriction. I've proven to be a textbook bandster so far, so I'm expecting the same with the fills. Until then - I will publicly promise to continue my gym regimen (going well!), doing yoga 1x/week, and walking, taking the stairs, etc. when possible. Further, I will keep journaling my food intake even when it's bad. Because somedays, it is. There. Now you can all hold me accountable. :)

No comments: