Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Writing & Reading

As I've posted here before, I take writing classes at Bent - a writing school for queer folk where we can test out our writing in a safe space. I love it!

As most of you know, I wrote a piece about getting skinny - I read it at a queer spoken word event last month here in Seattle. Last week, my instructor asked me to read an abbreviated version of it at Seattle PrideFest this weekend! I was terrified - reading my piece in front of thousands of people - many of whom happen to fall into my dating pool! But I committed. I have it ready. Scary!

If you'd like to read it the full original version, email me (jennisagemini@yahoo.com) and I'll send it to you a PDF. I don't think I'm game to post the whole thing here and I may want to publish it someplace, and sometimes there are weird requirements around it being 'published' elsewhere.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Jenn, the use of "Queer Folk" cracks me up! The funny thing is, I forget that aspect of you until you mention it! You are "Jenn, my lap band friend in Seattle who works out where Pearl Jam does"....yes, I want to stalk Stone!

I would LOVE to read your piece...
scottandjilltice@yahoo.com...I know you said email you but I am already here and feeling lazy today! :)