Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day 16: Things are looking quite bright!

This morning I finally got my drains out, and also they removed the stitches from my waistline incision. My chest is healing great, and I was allowed to switch from the binder to a sports bra! How normal :) I am still bound at the waistline for a while more, but that is ok. Removal of drains requires 3 days back on the couch, but I'm ok with that. Tomorrow, I can shower! Considering I haven't since December 11th, this is very exciting to say the least! (I've mastered the sink bath though, no smelly Jenn here!). My incisions overall are better than I'd hoped and are healing as expected.

I don't really have anything riveting to update except that every day is better and better, I feel good but still tire quickly and easily, and I'm still super happy with my results. Today Jill snapped photos from behind at the doctor's office and seeing the whole picture of me'backside was awesome - what an amazing difference!!! I have some photos - they certainly aren't offensive, but I hesitate to post. Just comment with your email address and I will send them if you're interested!

12 comments:

Jessica6903 said...

Jenn -- I'd love to see your pics as I'm seriously considering a tummy tuck. You look amazing! jessica6903@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, I am happy to hear you are doing so well. I bet getting those drains out now is way more comfortable. If you are fine with sending the pictures go ahead.
This whole process is a big under taking for anyone. I am sure I would not handle it as well as you have been. Go girl!!

Anonymous said...

hi jenn, i would love to see the photos. I have the band and am really striving to get to where you are!

Lisa email: monkeydobad@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry it took so long to get back to you after you sent me your last pictures. My god, what a change, you look fantastic. Definetly an inspiration to me. I hope to have this done next year. Keep uo the good work and knockem dead.

scb626@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Jenn-

The boobs rock! I had my LBL and BL/BA on the 12th! My implants are still so high it looks like I swallowed them to get them there. Alas, I had no tissue left to work with so I had the implants. Girl, you are looking good and doing so well. I can't believe you are doing laundry. I am trying to lift nothing!

Send me pics if you get a chance. I may set up picture trail later. I am still nervouse about it.

kim at mompower dot biz

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
I saw your original post on the OH Plastics message board and you are looking great! I was banded July 06, am down about 60lbs and have 60lbs to go before I can meet with a surgeon so your blog/story is super inspiring! thanks for sharing, i'd love to see your pics, thanks...
-Ann (Tacoma)
wright777@aol.com

Anonymous said...

btw was also wondering who your plastic surgeon is as i'll be looking around in the next couple months, thanks :-)
-Ann
wright777@aol.com

Anonymous said...

hooray for your fast healing and more photos! please include me: xhalfpass@yahoo.com.

thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Anonymous said...

yeah- duh, You know I need those pics.

Anonymous said...

hey jenn---let us know you're ok, ok? :)

PeloRojo said...

Yes, I would love to see your photos. I will be in your shoes in about 10 months so bring it on. And thanks for being so incredibly generous with sahring your experience. Jess Scanlan at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see the pictures. I read you blog religiously, Its quite an inspiration, I cant wait til Im at goal.
heres my email: tittania88@yahoo.com