Thursday, March 13, 2008

Eating When Sick

After being sick since Monday, I finally thought a trip to the doctor was in order. Based on my symptoms, he called it out as Walking Pneumonia. It sounds more dramatic than it is - 3 days of antibiotics, an inhaler to help with the hacking cough, supplemented with dayquil/nightquil and advil....and rest, rest, rest.

I'm fortunate to have no intestinal distress, stomach issues or nausea. So that means I can effectively eat normally; however, when I am sick, I tend to want carbs. Not copious amounts, or inappropriate ones, but more than I'd usually want. So last night I made chicken noodle soup from scratch; today, I got some Tom Yum Gui while I waited for my RX but actually accepted the white rice...and so on. But my weight seems about the same (for this time of the month), and I'm not pigging out - it's just different. But it's ok, I'm not eating McDonald's or cupcakes; just finding I need (or want? or both...) a little more "white carbs" than normal.

Anyway, here's to wellness! And soon!

4 comments:

Angelyco said...

Hi Jenn!

I just finished reading your entire blog (took me about 3 days, starting with the oldest and working my way up) and I'm glad I stuck through to the end--I'm just starting the process of getting the Lap-Band and it's nice to see such a long timeline in an LB blog. I think you've done wonderfully and I still can't wrap my head around size 8 being "overweight." Keep up the good work and good luck at Yoga Teacher Training!

Peter said...

Hi, Jenn,

I can't find an email address for you on your page, so I guess I'll ask you here--knowing what you know now, would you recommend your surgeon to someone considering lapband sugery? Thanks!

Phentremine said...

Phentermine is however one weight loss drugs that shocked people even when it was had on prescription. Very soon it was found that the phentermine prescription was not enough to safeguard a person from the side effects. Phentermine unleashed really horrific effects on some of the people who had it. It was also found to be almost a death knell to the heart. Not surprisingly therefore, the owners thought it better do away with the drug completely. You can get more information on phentermine side effects from http://www.phentermine-effects.com. For weight loss therefore it is better to opt for natural appetite suppressants and buy phentremine like products.

Anonymous said...

thanks for your useful info !!
i think you will like it very much . come to have a look , please !!
Fashion watches
Discount watches
Antique pocket watches
Engraved pocket watches