Monday, January 22, 2007

WW to Finish!

Just wanted to let you know that I signed up for Weight Watchers online in an effort to lose my last 11-15 pounds. Actually, it set my goal at 150, and today I weighed in at 166.6...so, I'm aiming for a 16.6 loss and we'll go from there.

It's super cool in that it gives not only a way to track food intake, but little checkboxes for water, veggies/fruit servings, vitamin, etc. so you can also track healthy habits (which I'll admit, have been a struggle for me...can't seem to get a vitamin down the hatch to save my life!). I realize that while I've lost all this weight, there are other aspects of having a healthy body besides being at a "normal" weight. For example, I'm still eating too much of some things for a healthy heart (yeah, yeah, the cheese...), using artificial sweetners/chemicals as a crutch (crystal light...), and not getting in many fruits & veggies (and then complaining about my...uh, fiber-challenged body).

Anyhow, now with the clearance to exercise again, a 2nd wind (so to speak) from my joy around my post-plastics bod, I'm gunning it to my end-goal! My weigh-in day is Monday, and I'm going to post it here, too - even if it's ugly.

This entry is mostly to ask for accountibility from all y'all...but also a little pitch to those of you who may need a similar mechanism to continue your own weight loss. So, if there's any appeal, consider signing up - you get a week for free, and then it's $65 for the first 3 months. I chose the "flexible" plan where you count points (you all know how i love to track stuff) - but there is one with "no counting" as well! I figure, I paid thousands for my lap-band; another $65 toward the effort is a drop in the bucket...and I know that for me, structure yields the best results for my body (and soul, for that matter).

So here's a link. If you sign up, let me know! It's interesting balancing and integrating general weight loss philosophy/rules with the lap-band rules - it's completely doable - and I'd love some other folks who are working through the same adjustments to swap ideas, successes and failures:

www.weightwatchers.com/free

Thanks for all of your love & support down to 166.6 - here's to finishing!
~jenn

5 comments:

Sam said...

hey, i checked it out but I don't see the perks of it when compared to fitday or something. But I guess the points are different from calorie counting on other sites..what do you like about it? have you started it yet? Sam :-)

Jessica6903 said...

Jill and I were just saying that we thought we need weight watchers again! I just had an unfill so now I feel like I can eat ANYTHING. I am hoping to have my TT the end of April and doctor said he thought I could lose another 20lbs first :( So, I signed up for the 7 day free trial of WW online and maybe this is just what I need! My daily points allowance is 22, which is WAY LESS than it used to be in my pre-band WW days :) Yikes!

Jessica6903 said...

HA! Haven't tracked a damn point since I signed up a few days ago! I hope to start in the next few days or I might cancel before I am charged $65!

Anonymous said...

Jen, Would love to see your more recent post-surgery photos. You sent me the first set back in December. I envy your chronilogical photos. I was banded back in September of '04, had a tummy tuck last April and then a beltlift in November and have not taken one photo. I wore a two-piece on vacation a couple weeks ago (I'm 52) and when getting into a hot tub and chatting with a gal (in her 40's) she almost died when I told her I've had children. She politely said "if you haven't had any work done I need to find out what exercises you do with abs like that!!!" It made every penny I've spent on myself seem like the best investment I've ever made. My bandster friends all want at least a before pic and now an after. I really should do that. I too am down to my last nagging 10-15lbs. Went in for a fill yesterday after not having any for a year. That should help me accomplish my goal too. Maybe we'll hit them around the same time! Good luck to you. It has to feel awesome to be such a "band" success story! Congrats!! Marcia

Anonymous said...

guess you probably need my e-mail address:

marcia@we-sold-it.com