Monday, September 18, 2006

Locked'n'Loaded

Plastic surgery is scheduled for Monday, December 11, 2006. Deposit paid. Adobe stock, thank you very muchly, is on my side, and well, I'm just not afraid anymore. I'll be 35-and-a-half that day, which means my 6-month post-op will be on my birthday in June. I like the number 11 - well, I like odd #s in general, and 11 seemed a better one that 13 (I'm not that superstitious, but why mess if you don't have to?? :)

Now, the hardcore work of dropping the rest of the weight with a hearty deadline to work toward (hey, I was a journalism major for a reason - I kick ass when on a deadline!). Oddly, for having 40+ inches of incisions, I'm completely excited.

Yay!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAH!! way to go Jenn - drive ahead meet the deadline. hoolie

Anonymous said...

i am so jealous~

will you be my guinea pig and tell me EVERYTHING?! you are brave, my dear. good luck...you'll lose the last few, i'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn-

I just wrote a very similar post on my blog. I think I will have my post wls BL/BA and LBL on Dec. 12th- the day after yours. My quote is in the mid 18k range. I have also started running too. It is strange but we seem to be in somewhat parallel universes right now. I am 14 months post0op from the DS. Keep on Going!

Kim

Anonymous said...

hey jenn---congrats on scheduling your surgery! can you share what the recovery is expected to be? how long out of work? how long not exercising, etc? gracias!

Anonymous said...

Jenn...You are awesome! Congrats on taking the plunge errrr suck errr cut oh whatever. This is good for you.

Megs

Anonymous said...

One month after my wedding, too. 11 is a good day, a positive day. 11 is a perfect number. :)

Jill said...

I am so excited for you and so jealous at the same time! You have to tell us EVERYTHING and take lots of photos. I won't be having anything done until we are done having kids and hubby wants 4 and we are only on #1. :(

You are going to do great in these next coming months! YIPPEE!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your surgery! I was on obesity.com and somehow wound up here researching lap bandsters! I meet with a doctor this week. I am unsure which surgery is right for me. Everyones webpages & blogs are really helping me.