Sunday, March 05, 2006

Cupcake

Yes, two posts in a day. If you know me you know I have a tendency toward the extreme, though I work to temper it. However, in the here & now I was reminded of a topic I wanted to post.

So, I'm working to amp up my t-shirt collection. Why? Couple reasons:
1) They actually make t-shirts that fit me now!
2) It's a hip look, the t-shirt over the long-sleeved shirt; I like it when I'm going for my sporty-spice look.
3) Sometimes it's hot when I go out dancing, they work.
4) The ole'rack looks pretty good in 'em, I must say.
5) There are days I just don't want to work that hard, and it's easy to look ok in a t-shirt & jeans provided both are cool...

Which leads me to my dilemma. So far I have three t-shirts in my little collection. Two are cute and fitted, one is a Nada Surf shirt, a band that I like (it's a little bigger, but still cool and yesterday, got me some good flirtin' with a random barista who missed the show! another plus of the cool t-shirt...conversation starters).

So this week for work I had to go to Cupcake Royale to pick up cupcakes for a baby shower. They have t-shirts with their very cute logo and cool, very, very "jenn" colors (pink on brown! my palette!). I was all set to add t-shirt #4 to my collection when it dawned on me...

I'm not skinny. Yet.

Fat girl wearing shirt with food on it - that's a no-no - but not just any food, but a fattening, decadent, egregious cupcake, for the love of god? It feels like an invitation to taunts, whether spoken or not. So I didn't buy the gawd'damn thing. In terms of my dress/style, I feel more put together and fashionable than I ever have. But apparently, I'm still not able to shake the fact that I'm still an XL, a 16, 200ish pounds...and not yet able to wear a 'food' shirt without fearing judgment. Alas. Perhaps some month in the future I'll take my photos for y'all in a Cupcake Royale t-shirt - then you'll know I'm over this hump.

3 comments:

Christi Nielsen said...

Hey Jenn - so glad you're back. I'm glad you're taking time for you. I say wear the damn thing, but then again I'm not in your shoes. I can relate. I'm afraid for classmates to see me eating chocolate because I have a blog about my weight. I guess we all fear judgement.

Good luck with your writing. I think you should post it. ;-)

Jill said...

I am peeing in my pants over the "fat girl wearing shirt with food on it!"

I bought a BCBG sweatshirt...because I fit snugly into an XL...which in a normal priced store would be a Medium and I call myself, "Fat Girl in a Little Hoodie!"...in a Chris Farley sort of way.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I HAVE a shirt from Cupcake Royale! It reads, "Legalize Frostitution".

:)