Tuesday, March 14, 2006

6-Month Post-Op Report - Down 58.5 Pounds

I know I am a few days late, but here is my 6-month post. Today I saw my surgeon and after taking a good month "off," I found that I had lost just 1.5 pounds in the past month...according to my his scale. Horrifying? Not at all. I didn't do anything to lose weight in the last month - I took weeks off from the gym, ate ok but certainly not ideally. I went in fully expecting to gain 5 pounds or so, and had even prepared myself emotionally for this news. Losing 1.5 was a thrill!!! I'm not doing photos this time since not much happened...

What's funny is how fat I feel right now...yet I'm skinnier than I was a month ago - all because I haven't been working at it. Those who know me know this is a metaphor for my life - it's hard for me to take credit or feel good about anything unless I'm working my ass off. And I suppose the metaphorical lesson here is that you can relax and let things unfold naturally you still will get where you're trying to go (maybe not as fast, but what's the hurry?)...

For the past few weeks, instead of going to the gym I've instead been going on 1-hour walks in the morning. It's been delightful! Even though it's Seattle, most mornings have been rain-free. It's amazing how fresh air and sunshine can keep ya going. I'm headed to Europe for 2+ weeks soon, so I wanted to be ready for all the walking! Plus, I needed a change but wanted to keep exercising and this worked out great. For now, I plan to keep up the walks until my trip on April 1st, and then when I return getting a good plan for the gym in order to be ready for Danskin.

Sorry for my continued absence here - life got a little heavy unexpectedly; however, things ebb and flow so with that in mind, it ought to lighten up soon so I should be around more. Plus, I am taking my iBook to Europe with me so hopefully I'll be posting a bit from there, with a goal of writing here about weight-related stuff while traveling.

Oh, and by the way, I weight 199.5. Holy shit.





Hope everyone is doing well!

6 comments:

Serena said...

I like the idea of the early morning walks.

You should be thrilled. You are under 200 and that is so awesome!

Jenn said...

Congratulations on hitting the below 200 mark!! It is an amazing achievement for which you should be extremely proud ... even if you haven't been working at it! I hope you have a fantastic time in Europe! I am _very_ jealous and wish I could stow away in your suitcase!!

Sandi Hooper said...

Congratulations on your success, and thanks for the great words of experience and wisdom about living.

Kaye Bailey said...

Hey! Great job "Busting The Deuce"!!! Also excellent self-assessment! Call it a learning experience, never a catastrophe!

Better luck this month!

Jessica6903 said...

Congrats on Onederland! Have a great time on vacation! You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on one-derland indeed :)