Sunday, February 12, 2006

5-Month Bandiversary

Time flies! Today is 5 months since I got my lap-band! Including the pre-op diet, I've lost a total of 57 pounds as of this morning! I am two pounds...a mere 8 sticks of butter...from Onederland! I'm really excited for this, but after a big drop this week (partially due to lack of appetite due to my cold/flu), I don't expect to see further loss for a little bit while my body catches up. No complaints though - considering I weighed 258 at the start of my pre-op diet, and 262 back in June - I'm thrilled with my progress! View my 5-month photos here.




Other noteworthy comments:

- My blood pressure was 102/70 this week
- My resting heart rate was 60
- I'm wearing a size 16 on the bottom in most brands, and a 14/16 or a regular'ole XL or even L on top!
- I feel much, much better!
- I have good restriction and other than around my period, it's not too tight.
- I still struggle sometimes to eat well and eat right, but mostly I do ok and am comfortable with the overall life change.
- It's not a total walk in the park, but it's easier than any diet or other weight-loss program I did before - and I don't hate it at all, whereas those diets, programs, etc. *I hated*

My big goal is to be at 185 by April 1st - that's 15 pounds in about 6 weeks - lofty and likely not doable, as my pattern seems to be lose 10 one month, 6 the next, then 10, then 6 or 7...so we'll see where I land!

7 comments:

Jessica6903 said...

Lookin' Good. And like the new haircut!

Reinventing Fran said...

Hi Jenn-

I'm so excited for you. I'm dancing in my heart after reading your OH post and visiting both of your blogs. Life is good -- go get'em!

Onward!

Serena said...

Even if your goal is lofty I hope that somehow you reach it. Best of luck (and hard work.)

Serena

Sandi Hooper said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary! I love your photos, they are very graphic evidence of your incredible progess.

Soul Searching said...

Wow, you look fabulous! Congrats on your successes - especially the feeling much, much better :)

The Catapillar said...

Congratulations!!! You are looking great!

I have total faith you will make your goal :)... (if not darned close)

Christi Nielsen said...

Congrats Jenn!