Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Checkin' In

Well, I'm weighing in every 2 weeks right now - it's just moving so slow, and if I so much as drink a glass of water I gain 1/2 pound. My at-home morning weights are in the very low 173's - no complaints, other than "hurry up!"...I remember when I was losing 2-3 pounds a week! My body is just slow and stubborn, always has been, and that's ok. I guess ultimately I'll get it done, even if it takes 6 months.

I haven't taken a day off from yoga yet! I just like it now and it seems to be doing good things for me. Last night, I tried a Power Vinyasa Yoga class - it's done in a warm environment (85-90 degrees, vs. Bikram at 105 or 110) and is a constant flow. It was so fun! Jill went with me and we really liked it - it was taught by one of my favorite Bikram instructors, Saiko. Anyhow, it was clear to me the places Bikram "misses" - hip openings, core strength work (it does some, but this was way more), and shoulders. It's a great compliment and the place where I tried it has a killer new student deal of $35 for one month unlimited! They teach Bikram there too, so I may just shake it up a little. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm having lap band sugergy done next week. I've been really concerned because I've started doing bikram yoga with a couple of friends this week and I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I really want to continue with it after I recover from the sugery. I was concerned however that I might have hydration problems post-op. I'm glad I ran across your blog.

Jenn said...

Hey Ethel,
I think you'll be fine - esp. before you get filled, but even after. What I find is that Bikram yoga's heat makes the band relax - I can chug water with the best of'em in class; not so much outside of that heat - but really, it's not been a problem. I also recommend SmartWater since it's loaded with electrolytes; I also use a couple of the Vitamin Waters in there too - watered down, of course, to reduce calories and sugar - which also have electrolytes. Just see what works - but keep at it! Bikram works!