Friday, July 14, 2006

10 Months Out

Who can believe it - a year ago I was anxiously preparing for surgery, getting ready for my pre-op diet and having a myriad of "last suppers" (though I wasn't out of control, I did try to hit all of my favorites one last time). Today I went up to my surgeon's office to weigh in officially:




Wow! Who could be happier? Well, I'll admit to occasional 'bypass envy' as I know if I'd had the bypass, I'd be closer to my goal. BUT, I also know the lapband was the right choice for me and that I'm right on schedule for a good lil' bandster. With 8 weeks until my 1 year anniversary, I should be right where it seems most people are who have about 100 to lose: 80ish pounds down. That said, I have an inkling to sew my jaw shut for 8 weeks and hit my 100 pound mark...but I won't. Please! I know better.

It's exciting to be in the 180s - other than weighing 178 for about 15 minutes back in 1998, I honestly don't remember being any weight other that two-hundred-and-"x"... it's weird to be solidly in the "one hunderds" and even more exciting to be cookin' toward the end goal. I think once I've got 20ish to go, it will feel real. It's still a little "out there" for me at the moment - wearing regular clothes, looking like everyone else (i.e., not standing out as the fatso in the room), etc. So, I continue to digest (no pun intended) this insane amount of change to my body and soul. It's good though, don't get me wrong!

Hopefully I'll have more good news at my next 'anniversary' date! Pics will be posted soon - gotta get my sister to snap'em for me in the next couple days.

6 comments:

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sam said...

I can't imagine being 1-something either, I've been 2-something forever! What a change it must be to see yourself differently, and to be seen differently too.

Soul Searching said...

Can't wait to see the new pics! You are looking smashing!

Jenn said...

Congrats, Jenn, on this fantastic achievement! You're doing so well!

Jill said...

I just know you are going to look amazing in your upcoming pics! Jenn, you have been such a wonderful inspiration to me and I often forget to let you know!

Keep it up! You are doing a fantastic job!!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, Wow! I emailed the link to this Blog to all of my WLS Bandster friends. You are truly an inspiration. Keep up the high-protein, water, exercise life! Kirst